Wind Mitigation Inspection
Also referred to as “Windstorm Inspection.”
Its purpose is to determine the existence of certain features of a given structure’s construction that will help strengthen it in the event of strong winds such as those of a Hurricane. One of the benefits of receiving a wind inspection is to identify potential insurance savings available to you based on those features currently in use with your home.
If you’re looking to purchase in Miami-Dade or Broward Counties, it is very important you call me to discuss these factors. I am very experienced in the local areas having been in business here for over 17 years. Based in South Florida and all too familiar with natural disasters such as hurricanes and high wind related storms. Give me a call when ready to discuss your needs and the possible savings from your insurer.
Many insurance companies, Citizens included, provide discounts or credits for construction or homeowner applied features proven to reduce damage from hurricanes, such as:
• Hurricane protection on all of your windows and exterior doors, such as shutters or impact resistance windows and garage doors
• A hip roof (sloped on all sides like a pyramid)
• Roof to wall connections that are installed with hurricane clips/straps. Discounts will vary depending on the type of connection such as toe nail, clips, single wraps or double wraps.
• Florida Building Code-approved roof covering. Discounts will vary depending on the type of covering such as asphalt, tile or metal
• The presence of a secondary water resistance barrier.
The OIR-1802 (windstorm inspection form) is valid for up to 5 years provided no material changes have been made to the structure or is superseded by a revised windstorm inspection form